domenica 1 agosto 2004

"Oc" or No "Oc"? (Lad)

Dear Lad,
° Have I gone stone deaf? Did that woman say "cultist," or did she say "occultist"? "I'm no (oc)cultist." As if to imply that you and I are one or the other.
° I heard "cultist;" that's why I rebuked her with my impression of Professor Trelawney ticking off shrivelhearted oldmaidish Hermione. For though I don't deny that business at the Shrine of Death Most Holy, and you yourself had no scruples about the potions, surely the only devotion we practise religiously is the Unending Quest of Tastiness--weren't those dried "sweetened, unsulphured" piecherries from Avena Selvaggia addictive?
° But if she said "occultist," I just absolutely apologise for my aggressive defensiveness. For if a little coffeescum divination, a little Mayan drawing spell or two, a scientific curiosity as to the lagday tracking accuracy of freewillastrology.com and labuonastella.it--and by the way, just this morning the Scorpion was attacking your Bunny and your Bull in the bottom of my coffee cup, will your troubles never cease?
° Res ipsa loquitur.
° Affectionately, Giac

Nessun commento: