domenica 10 luglio 2005

Susan Sought Desperately (Lad)

Dear Lad,
° Have you ever tried to write a personal ad? One, I mean, without antlers?
° I’ve been trying off and on ever since Madonna was
Desperately Sought as Susan. But I have failed so consistently, I almost begin to doubt my method. For though I can list several thousand things I like, I can’t successfully boil them down into an attractive appetizer.
° Blogger profiles seemed a breakthrough. Giac’s personal ad:

Io: mi piace The Bride Wore Black.
Tu: ti piace, uh, ti piace, uh--o Rats!

§§§§§

° But if I’m like the shoemaker’s children, I’m still a shoemaker.
° And Leggero’s personal (la sua foto, coi capelli matti, si vede oltre) is simple as pie:

Io: sono Leggero.
Tu: vuoi vivere felice.

O almeno contento e beato.

§

° Not that it’ll do him the least bit of good. For folks want to be popular, or rich, or important, or powerful, or goodlooking, or brilliant, or famous, or . . . .
° Nessuno, sembra, vuole vivere contento.

° Beato, Benedetto nonostante, Giac.

Nessun commento: